Axis Management Group Holdings, Inc. subsidiaries and Affiliates (AMGH)
Axis Insurance Services, LLC
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective 1/1/2020, Updated 1/1/2023
Summary and Overview:
This notice is provided for California residents as required by the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), and addresses how we collect, use, receive and disclose Personal Information. The Notice also explains certain rights that California residents have under CCPA and how California residents can exercise those rights. The CCPA, and accordingly this Notice only applies to California residents.
We reserve the right to make changes and update this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time, Axis Management Group Holdings, Inc., subsidiaries, and affiliates (AMGH) decide to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- How We Collect Your Personal Information
- Purpose of Collecting Your Personal Information
- Use, Disclosure and Sharing of Your Personal Information
- Data Security and Retention Policy
- What Are Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your Personal Information?
- How Can You Review, Update, or Delete Data We Collect?
- How Can You Contact Us About This Notice?
1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you, an identifiable individual.
The Personal Information we may collect about you from you, our clients, retailers, carriers, regulators, or others will depend upon the type of service we are engaged to provide or our business relationship. The following provides a general overview of the categories of Personal Information we may collect. Such personal information may include, but is not limited to:
- Name, contact information, and other identifiers (real name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Content Preferences, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers);
- Personal identification documentation (Social Security Number, driver’s license number, passport number, employee identification numbers, insurance policy number, bank account number, etc.);
- Assets and income, occupation and employment status, dependent information and other relevant financial or tax information;
- Information regarding your banking relationship to pay or deposit premium funds, including bank and account names, account numbers and routing numbers;
- Information related to the provision of services to you, such as policy information, claims information, and information relating to any of your past claims and related losses;
- Information relating to your account activity and premium payment history;
- Information from reporting agencies and state and federal government agencies, such as finance companies, state motor vehicle departments, insurance departments or other regulators;
- Information from other sources, such as medical or health care providers and other third parties with which you or we maintain a relationship;
- Statements made by or about you;
- Records of communications, including emails, notes of phone conversations or other communications; and
- Usage data (internet or other electronic network activity information including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, location data, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with our websites, employees or with the Internet, application, Log and Usage data, including device data, advertisement preferences, including information obtained through the use of internet “cookies”. This information may be retained by third parties on their systems which are used on a Software as a Service basis.
Some of the categories of Personal Information that we may collect are special categories of information protected by federal law including your health records (such as your medical history and reports on medical diagnoses, injuries, and treatment) and information about your personal characteristics and circumstances of a sensitive nature such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, citizenship status, and genetic information.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information:
Our companies are primarily engaged in business as insurance brokers, program managers or consulting companies and only gather information for the purposes of securing insurance coverage, servicing current or prior clients, providing a service or marketing to our contacts relating to our products, industry information, trends or events or promoting the Companies’ business. We may collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- By you directly within insurance applications or in connection with other communications;
- By you directly when requesting information, documents, applications, certificates of insurance, filing claims, or requesting contact from us on any number of mediums including the website, email marketing, phone, fax, or other communications;
- From public sources;
- We may receive Personal Information from third parties, including insurance carriers, regulators, and other industry service providers, and other third parties with which you maintain a relationship (i.e., your employer, financial service, or medical or health providers);
- Through our websites and use of tracking technologies; and
3. Purpose of Collecting Your Personal Information:
We collect your Personal Information for our everyday business purposes to provide insurance options, customer service or other services on your behalf. We would generally be unable to provide such services on your behalf without collecting this information and providing it to our partners, carriers, and others where it is necessary in order to provide such services. In general, we are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you requested;
- To complete applications, supplements, and other forms necessary for the provision of our services;
- To fulfill our legitimate business interests in providing or improving our services and products;
- To provide our carrier partners information to underwrite the insurance products we sell;
- To provide claims information to carriers, attorney’s adjusters, and others to provide the services we offer;
- To contact you regarding new products, industry trends or events, or corporate information; and
- To contact you to fill out a survey or participate in other types of market research when we have your consent to do so.
- To allow you to log in to various portals or customer sites
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
4. Use, Disclosure and Sharing of Your Personal Information
We assure you that it is not our policy to share your private information with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law and for any purpose other than as outlined herein. Axis Management Group Holdings, Inc (AMGH) does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent, or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
Axis Management Group Holdings, Inc. its subsidiaries and affiliates (AMGH) may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other products and/or services that may be available to you from our website at www.axisins.com or the websites of any of our subsidiaries and affiliates.
Axis Management Group Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries or affiliates (AMGH) may also be in contact with you with regard to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
We use Personal Information that we collect about you to perform services on your behalf and to provide you with the insurance products and services you expect from us. We may share this information with other organizations to fulfill our obligations to you in providing services, complying with court orders, or to such other third parties necessary to provide our quality of services, such as:
- To carriers and other providers for the purpose of procuring insurance, processing claims, or in general providing customer service;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- For user account registration and authentication services
- To third-party vendors that operate software platforms that enable us to provide our services or inform you of our goods and products, such as Vertafore, salesforce, HubSpot or social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter;
- To fulfill our everyday business purposes;
- To present our website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with updated tools, applications, marketing materials or other information;
- For Legal responses;
- To beneficial parties for Information necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries;
- To regulatory organizations who are assessing our legal compliance;
- To banks, attorneys, consultants, carriers, or others which are necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability;
- For any other purpose with your consent; and
- For other purposes permitted by law.
6. Data Security and Retention Policy
Our Company maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. We have implemented security measures designed to protect and secure your Personal Information from accidental loss, misuse, and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% completely secure in all cases. Although our security measures are designed to do our best to safeguard your Personal Information using reasonably designed security measures, the security of this information it cannot be guaranteed that third parties may be able to improperly collect, access, steal or modify your information Please notify us immediately if you have reason to believe that your Personal Information maintained by us is no longer secure:
7. What Are Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your Personal Information?
The California Code of Regulations defines a “Resident” as
- Every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitionary purpose.
- Every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for temporary or transitionary purpose.
If this definition of “resident” applies to you, you must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information. All other individuals are defined as non-resident.
Your rights with respect to your Personal Information
a. You have a right to be informed.
You have a right, depending upon the circumstances to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information during the twelve (12) month period preceding the request. In response to the request, we will provide the following information:
- Whether we collect and use your personal information;
- The categories of information we collect;
- The purpose for which we have collected the data;
- Whether we will sell or share such data;
- The categories of data that is shared or sold;
- The business purpose for collecting the personal information.
- The specific information that we might collect.
b. You have a right to request deletion of the data.
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information at any time. If you request us to do so, we will respect your request and delete personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law which may be required for the exercise of another’s rights, legal or regulatory requirements or as may be required to protect against illegal activities.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete customer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
c. You have a right to non-discrimination.
The CCPA prohibits discrimination against residents of California for exercising their rights provided to them pursuant to the CCPA. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. Discrimination may occur when a business denies or otherwise provides a different level of service to California residents who exercise their rights afforded them under CCPA.
d. You have a right to limit use and disclosure of sensitive personal information.
You have the right to request deletion or limitation of use of the Personal Information we collect. We may deny a Deletion request for reasons described in CCPA. For example, we will not delete personal information when it is necessary to maintain Personal Information to comply with a legal obligation or to complete a transaction or complete a contract such as an insurance contract.
e. Other privacy rights:
You have a right to appeal, if we decline to act regarding a request, we will inform you of our decision and the reason for taking this action. You have 60 days to appeal. Your appeal should be in writing and submitted to email@example.com . If your appeal is denied you may contact the Attorney General’s office
9. How Can You Review, Update, or Delete Information We Collect About You?
You have a right to review, update or delete information we collect about you. You may call, email, or fax your request to the contact information below and your request will be handled by the appropriate person based on your request, or you can provide your request on the Request for Information on Privacy form.
10. How Can You Contact Us About This Notice?
Axis Management Group Holdings, Inc.
c/o Mike W. Smith, President
795 Franklin Ave, Suite 210
Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417